Hey Atlanta. Danielle Fallon-O’Leary has a new copy of Atlanta Daily. All the community you need to know right now She’s packed with news. Follow us to get the latest information.
📣 Readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout big announcements At the top of the Atlanta Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product launch, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding, or new baby, let everyone celebrate with you. Send announcements here.
First of all, today’s weather.
Thunderstorms in the afternoon. High: 88 Low: 72.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Atlanta? We help you reach prospective home buyers and stand out from the competition. Click here for more information.
Here are today’s top 5 Atlanta news:
- of Competition in the Atlanta real estate market has slowed, but prices are still higher than expected. Inventories are slowing growth while interest rates are doing the same. Experts say don’t try to plan when to buy near interest rates. Instead, rely on local financing and refinancing in the future. (Atlanta Magazine)
- The Metro Atlanta standoff that made national news in 2017 inspired the new thriller Breaking. The film centers on Marine veteran Brian Brown Easley who walks into a Cobb County bank, claims to have a bomb, and takes two people hostage. The film stars Golden Globe Award winner John Bodega as Easley. (FOX 5 Atlanta)
- Georgia is believed to have the 10th lowest gun sales According to data from January 2022 to July 2022, approximately 32.7 firearms are sold per 1,000 people in the United States. (patch)
- Atlanta rapper Paper Love, 26, sentenced to more than seven years in federal prison After pleading guilty as a felon with a firearm. The rapper, his Ibis Durr, was charged in 2021 after an arrest warrant was issued, leading police on a high-speed chase that crashed into two police cars and another motorist’s vehicle. Durr’s previous charges include robbery and aggravated assault. (Macon Telegraph)
- Atlanta’s 52-year-old Tory Lenard Troup has been convicted as a mastermind of an Atlanta-based cocaine trafficker, money launderer, and fraudster. He pleaded guilty to conspiracy to possess for the purpose of distributing cocaine and conspiracy to launder money. Before the mastermind he was convicted of six people. (Atlanta Voice)
- Fernbank Forest Walk At the Fernbank Natural History Museum (9:30 am)
- National Dog Day Programming At Children’s Museum of Atlanta (9:30 AM)
- coffee connoisseur Epicurean Atlanta (10 AM)
- drag branch At Elsewhere Brewing Co. (11:00 AM)
- karaoke night At Cumberland Mall (16:00)
From my notes:
- Today is the first day of the Grant Park Summer Shade Festival. Check out the link for the festival’s musical line-up. (Summershade Festival via Facebook)
- Are you an Atlanta area artist? The City of Brookhaven is looking for area artists to create innovative pedestrian crossing designs at town intersections. (Atlanta 100)
- Labor Day weekend is right around the corner. Stay in the Atlanta area and plan to take advantage of the local attractions! (Atlanta 100)
Sponsored additions — Thanks for supporting local news!
You are now ready to join the loop and start this Saturday. Another update will arrive in your inbox tomorrow!
— Daniel Fallon-O’Leary
About Us: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a Senior Writer at content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and helps curate Patch.com’s community newsletter. Danielle also holds a Master’s Degree in Communication Science and Disability and she works part-time as a Pediatric Speech Therapist.