Boca Chase Begins Foreclosure on Unpaid HOA Fees

In Florida, even a seemingly small unpaid valuation can result in an HOA foreclosure.

The Boca Chase HOA has foreclosed on a home in the community for $1200 in unpaid dues. In Florida, any amount of unpaid fees or dues can lead to a HOA foreclosure.

BY: Litigation Desk |

Boca Raton, FL ( (Copyright © 2022 MetroDesk Media, LLC) — If you live in an area with a Homeowners Association, you must pay all dues and fees on time. Otherwise, the community could foreclose on your home, no matter how small. That’s exactly what’s happening at Boca Chase.

A lawsuit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court alleges that Vanetta Daly of 10823 Waterbury Drive in Boca Raton failed to pay $1,125 in fees and dues for a townhouse she bought for $121,000 in 2008.

The trouble began when a homeowner failed to pay hundreds of dollars worth of required HOA earlier this year, according to the lawsuit. As the months went by, the outstanding amount increased. At the time the lawsuit was filed, the owner owed at least $1125.

No matter how insignificant the amount may seem, the HOA can foreclose on your home if you don’t pay all your fees and dues when they are due. The Homeowners Association has broad and far-reaching authority in Florida. If the HOA states that you owe a payment, in simple terms, you owe a payment.

Boca Chase HOA is represented by Boca Raton attorney Daniel Wasserstein. There was no immediate response to the lawsuit filed by defendants.

Content Copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All rights reserved. ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “I hear the sirens, I know where they went”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t you want to be seen here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We actively protect our intellectual property and journalism products. Broadcasters must display credit for during their broadcast. Prints should refer to Online must link to We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. An arrest report is a police complaint. Guilt or innocence is decided in court.

Latest from

Printable PDF and emailsuitable for printing

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *