Marko Arnautovic: Manchester United cancel Bologna forward’s deal after £7.6m bid rejected and former player voices concerns | Football News


Manchester United will not pursue a deal after privately expressing concerns over the possible transfer of Bologna striker Marco Arnautovic.

sky sports news revealed last week that United had rejected a £7.6m bid for the former West Ham and Stoke City forward. Arnautovic was the player Erik Ten Hag wanted.

Several United supporters also contacted the club to complain about the possibility of Arnautovic playing for United.

United were expected to return with an improved offer, but have decided to move on to other targets.

The asking price for the Bologna forward was believed to be above what United were willing to pay.

Bologna sporting director Marco Di Vaio has tried to close the door on United’s attempts to sign Arnautovic.

Use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Gary Neville has criticized Manchester United’s recent transfer policy after Sky Italy reported that the club had rejected a bid for Arnautovic.

Italian sky United turned down a bid of around £7.6m for the 33-year-old Bologna, but were expected to return with an improved offer, reported Sunday.

“I want to continue working with Arnautovic. I want to keep him. He is at the heart of our project,” Di Vaio said. Italy 1.

“Bologna’s wish now is to keep and strengthen their current squad for an important season. Money is not an issue. Marco is precious to us.”

Ten Hag Leads Recruitment Efforts

Eric ten Hag is a driving force behind the transfer of Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

United did their best to sign the players ten Hag wanted, including Lisandro Martinez, Tyrell Marasia, Christian Eriksen, Frenkie de Jong, Anthony, Marco Arnautovic and Adrian Rabiot.

Ten Hag turned down a chance to sign former PSG and Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum before moving to Roma last week. The former Liverpool midfielder has been keen on a move to United.

Meanwhile, former United forward Memphis Depay wants a return to the Premier League from Barcelona.

United agree deal for Juventus and Rabiot

Manchester United are said to be interested in signing Juventus midfielder Adrian Rabiot as they continue to fail to track down Frenkie De Jong.
image:
Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot

United’s move for Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot is ‘going well’.

Discussions continue over personal terms with Rabiot’s mother as United are in talks with Juventus about the final details of a deal that is believed to be worth £15million plus an add-on.

sky sports news Eric ten Hag is said to be very enthusiastic about the player and that there is “full coordination” between the manager and recruiting department regarding the deal.

United have not given up on a deal for Barcelona midfielder Frenkie De Jong, but are increasingly frustrated with their holdup at Barcelona.

Adrian Labbott's 2021/22 Juventus stats
image:
Adrien Rabiot’s 2021/22 stats at Juventus

However, although De Jong’s contract has proven to be a complicated one, they have not given up on the Dutch national team.

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has reiterated that the offer has been made, but has indicated that De Jong wants to stay and the club want him to stay. However, economic problems have not been resolved and De Jong’s deferred wages issue remains unresolved.

Central midfield has been a high-priority position for United this summer, and the possibility of signing both Rabiot and De Jong has not been ruled out.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *