Practice and qualifying for the NASCAR Cup Series are scheduled for Saturday at Watkins Glen International, with teams gearing up for Sunday’s 90-lap race, the penultimate event on the regular season schedule.
Kevin Harvick, the winner of last Sunday’s race at Richmond Raceway, will be looking for a third straight victory.
Ryan Blaney and Martin Truex Jr. resume the battle for the 16th and final spot in the playoffs. Blaney has his 26-point lead over Truex coming into Sunday’s race. Of course, if a new winner emerges at the Glen, that driver will slide down to his 16th place.
MORE: NBC Sports NASCAR Power Rankings
Also on Saturday’s schedule are Xfinity Series practice and qualifying, and the 82-lap Xfinity Race (USA Network) at 3pm.
Watkins Glen International
Saturday: Interval between clouds and sunshine. 86 at best.
Saturday, August 20th
- 7am-2:30pm — Cup Series
- 8:30 am — Xfinity Series
- 10:05am – 10:35am — Xfinity Series Practice (NBC Sports App)
- 10:35am – 11:30am — Xfinity Series Qualifiers (NBC Sports App)
- 12:05 – 1:05 pm — Cup Series Practice (NBC Sports App)
- 1:05pm – 2:00pm — Cup Series Qualifiers (NBC Sports App, Motor Racing Network, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio)
- 3:00 PM — Xfinity Series Race (82 Laps, 200 Miles; USA Network, Motor Racing Network, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio)