OSWEGO COUNTY – Many families struggle to make a living in today’s economy. Rising rent, utility, gas and food costs are affecting people across the country and those who live here. Recognizing this struggle, Oswego County employees are stepping forward to help their neighbors and make a meaningful impact in their communities.
Oswego County will be launching “Payday Fridays” on Friday, September 2, which happens to be National Food Bank Day, to raise money for local food banks. The schedule continues the following week and every other week thereafter to coincide with the employee’s pay period.
In exchange for non-perishable groceries or a $5 donation, employees can dress down for work the Friday after payday. The money raised goes to various food banks around the county.
Each “Payday Friday” has a theme to help employees plan their outfits for the day.
– Sept. 9 – Are You Ready For Soccer? (Favorite NFL Team Apparel)
– September 23 – Go Orange! (Syracuse University sports apparel)
– October 7 – Off to the Races! (Super Dirt Week Apparel)
– October 21 – Go Pink! (Support Breast Cancer Awareness Month)
– November 4th – Patriotic Day! (wear red, white and blue to support our veterans)
– November 18 – Go Blue! (in support of Diabetes Awareness Month)
– December 2 – Show your school pride! (wear school colors)
– December 16th – Ugly Sweater Day! (celebrate holidays)
Oswego County has 21 food banks working to ensure no one goes to bed hungry. Due to rising costs and supply chain issues, many of these organizations are struggling with the residents they are trying to serve.
Oswego County is also inviting other businesses, organizations, school districts and groups in the county to join the effort and participate in their own “Payday Fridays.” If an employee or member cannot “dress down” in one of these themes (or any other of their own choosing), the organization is welcome to offer another incentive to participate.
For more information about local food banks or to donate food or money, please call 315-349-8235.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn income from qualifying purchases.