Deadline: August 19, 2022
Entries for the International Woolmark Prize 2023 are now open. The International Woolmark Prize is the world’s most prestigious talent development award for emerging fashion stars who aim to shape a positive future for the fashion industry.
Known as an important fashion design competition, the little-told history of the International Woolmark Prize is a true lesson in the fashion process, linking all the amazing industry legends past and present with the fiber of wool.
- All finalists selected by the Advisory Board will receive financial contributions for the development of the business and capsule collection.
- The Karl Lagerfeld Award for Innovation will award one overall winner with $200,000 and one designer with $100,000.
- Finalists also have the opportunity to have their collections stocked by major retailers and be part of the prestigious graduate program.
- Open to emerging designers from all over the world.
- Must have manufactured commercial apparel for at least 2 years and no more than 8 years at the time of submission of the application.
- You need consistent experience in engaging and driving best practices across the apparel supply chain. It must also demonstrate annual sales growth and demonstrate innovative use of fabrics and textiles.
How the contest works
- Phase 1: Up-and-coming designers from around the world who meet the entry criteria are encouraged to apply for the International Woolmark Prize.
- Phase 2: The Woolmark Company brings together an expert advisory panel of industry-leading tastemakers to select seven finalists from hundreds of submissions. These seven finalists will compete for the International Woolmark Prize and the Karl Lagerfeld Award for Innovation.
- Phase 3: The seven global finalists have approximately eight months to create the International Woolmark Prize Collection, with the support of the Innovation Academy. The Innovation Academy is a group of like-minded brands working together to help emerging world-leading designers launch on a global scale. The collection, including moodboards and lookbooks, will be presented to a prestigious panel of judges at his final event at one of the world’s leading fashion weeks.
- Phase 4: Each finalist will also continue the International Woolmark Awards journey, joining more than 400 prestigious alumni and merchandising the International Woolmark Awards collection through IWP’s network of retail partners, including the world’s leading boutiques and retailers. get the chance.
Applications close at midnight on August 19, 2022 (EST).If you have any questions, please contact us [email protected]
Sign up here
For more information, see: IWP.