Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Center for Professional Development, Innovation & Research and RWJUH’s PROUD Gender Center of New Jersey launch a professional development program to provide training in culturally appropriate care for nurses with LGBTQIA+ patients .
“A six-time magnet accreditation for nursing excellence, RWJUH has a strong reputation for providing superior nursing care. RWJUH helps us provide our patients with culturally appropriate and personalized care, which enables RWJUH to effectively meet the medical needs of the diverse communities we serve. can do.”
In case you missed:
Thirty-three health care centers in New Jersey received perfect scores and were named Equality Leaders in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2022 Health Care Equality Index. Click here to view the full list.
Educational opportunities within the Nursing LGBTQ Clinical Ladder Track include:
- Publish peer-reviewed articles on disparities in healthcare for LGBTQIA+ patients.
- Attend a PROUD Business Resource Group Meeting, PROUDLY Me Transgender Education and Support Meeting, or Community Event and write a reflection on your experience.
- Attend and complete college-level classes with a B or better that focus on current trends in LGBTQIA+ healthcare.
- Attend the Enhanced Leadership PROUD Advisory Board and write reflections on the experience
- Write a reflective essay sharing the story of an LGBTQIA+ patient whose care has been provided by a nurse, or
- Provide appropriate presentations to staff after meeting with LGBTQIA+ leaders to identify approved topics.
RWJUH LGBTQ Program Director Jackie Barras said: “This module will help a nurse see first-hand the challenges her LGBTQIA+ patients face and provide them with the knowledge they need to ensure they receive the personalized care they need. .”