Join us at the Salt Lake City VA Farmers Market on Wednesdays, August 3-September 7, 2022, from 11am to 1:30pm. Enjoy a fun and delicious opportunity with veterans, families, visitors and staff while enjoying live music by talented veterans and local artists.
Each week, the VA Farmers Market offers food trucks, hosts fun workout classes, and offers opportunities to attend healthy recipe tastings. Markets are an easy way to immerse yourself in a relaxing environment, allowing participants to take a step towards better health. Nourish your body and soul with fresh ingredients and welcome veterans, families, visitors and staff to participate.
Here at VA, we believe healthy choices should be easy choices. That’s why this year’s VA Farmers Market is stepping up actions to address food insecurity. People who are food insecure often experience barriers to purchasing healthy foods. Our mission is to make it easy and affordable for veterans and members of the public experiencing food insecurity to obtain fresh fruits and vegetables from farmers in their local Utah communities. The produce stand accepts SNAP (Food Stamp) cards and offers produce for twice the food stamp dollar. We also accept Produce Rx Vouchers and Senior Nutrition Farmers Market Nutrition Program Coupons as payment for fresh fruit and vegetables. This is a great way to increase access to healthy, nutritious foods, support local Utah farmers and vendors, and stimulate the local economy. empowering people to make choices that improve their health and well-being.
So how can food-insecure people benefit?
SNAP (Food Stamps) and Double Up:
- Veterans and Visitors with SNAP Benefits
- Use food stamps to buy produce at the VA Farmers Market and other participating farmers markets
- Match SNAP rewards from $1 to $1.Up to $30 per market day
- SNAP tokens can be used on SNAP eligible foods
- Double Up Tokens can be used to purchase raw, locally grown fruits and vegetables
Produce prescription program:
- Veterans and Visitors Participating in Produce Prescription Programs
- Produce vouchers can be used to purchase $20 worth of produce
- Can be used at VA Farmers Market and other participating Utah Farmers Markets
- See the Farmer’s Market Nutrition/Wellness Table for more information.
Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program
- Elderly people aged 60 and over who are eligible according to income
- See nutrition and wellness tables on the market
- Receive a coupon book worth $50 at the Market
- Coupons can be used to purchase produce at market stalls.Coupon can be used for several weeks of the market
No change will be given on SNAP, Double Up, Produce Rx or Senior Farmers Market tokens, vouchers or coupons.
VA Salt Lake City Farmers Market
Wednesday, August 3, 2022 to September 7, 2022
11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Lawn and picnic area outside Building 8