Cleveland, Ohio – Funk It Up: The celebration of the microbes that make our lives interesting has been rescheduled to a new date.
The event will be held at Butcher and the Brewer in Cleveland on Sunday, August 28 from 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM. It was previously scheduled for Sunday, July 24, but organizers changed the date due to scheduling conflicts.
The brewery has partnered with Merchant Manor Cheese of Cleveland Heights for the event.
Funk It Up aims to introduce funk in beers such as Lactobacillus Sour, Brettanomyces and Farmhouse Ale. Charcuterie, artisan cheeses, and other funky foods in collaboration with Ohio City Provisions.
brewery and beer
• Acronym, Akron – Into The Wood Batch #3 Fruit Sour, 6.7%
• Bookhouse, Cleveland – Goth to the Tropics with Goth with Coconut Nuts, 4%
• The Brew Kettle, Middleburg Heights – Treb Cliche Saison Oak Aged Bullet Saison, 7.75%
• Brick and Barrel, Cleveland – Belgo Chief
• Fat Head’s, Middleburg Heights – Pink Velvet Tiger Berliner Weisse, 3.65%
• Funky Turtle, Toledo – Potion Party #4
• Louisville, Kentucky, Goodwood – Funk to the Hop Farmhouse Saison, 5.9%
• Jackie O’s Brewery, Athens – Crest Wave Farmhouse Saison, 5.7%
• Boochy Mama’s, Toledo – Potion Party #3
• Corn Valley, Hartville – Silo Killer Farmhouse Saison, 7.5%
Market Garden, Cleveland – Passion for Table Beer
Noble Beast, Cleveland – My Bubbly Mind Sour Liquidation, 5%
• Phunkenship by Platform, Cleveland – Search with My Good Eye, 8.7%
• Pretentious Barrel House, Columbus – Exultation Fruited Sour, 5.2%
• Rhinegeist, Cincinnati – Existential Apples Sour, 6.05%
• Saucy Brew Works, Cleveland – Dove Jam Peach Lemonade Fruit Sour, 8%
• Terrestrial, Cleveland – Parrot Head Sour
• Urban Artifact, Cincinnati – Teak Fruit Beer, 7.2%.
• Wolf’s Ridge, Columbus – Aggregate Swarm Farmhouse Saison, 9.1%
Tickets range from $35 to $85 and include 20 4-ounce beers, meats, cheeses, fermented snacks, and tasting glasses. Tickets are available from eventbrite.
General admission is at 1pm Beer and Funk Bar admission includes 20 beer tickets plus fermented foods and pickles (kraut, kimchi, dilly beans, green tomatoes, pickles, olives, sourdough, assorted jams, etc.) Includes access to snack stations including Cost: Presale $35 ($45 after Sunday 14th August)
VIP entry is at noon with a private meat and cheese pairing. Includes 20 beer tickets and access to snack stations. Cost: $75 in advance ($85 after Sunday, August 14)
Pre-sale add-ons include charcuterie and artisanal cheese boards.An additional dining option is the Gourmet Grilled Cheese Station. The menu is in preparation.
Butcher and the Brewer is located at 2043 E. 4th St., Cleveland.
i am on cleveland.comLife and Culture team covering food, beer, wine and sports related topics. If you want to see my story, Here is the cleveland.com directoryBill Wills from WTAM-1100 and I usually talk about food and drink at 8:20 on Thursday mornings. twitter: @mbona30.
Get started quickly on the weekend by signing up for Cleveland.com’s weekly “In the CLE” email newsletter. This is your essential guide to things to do in Greater Cleveland. It will arrive in your inbox Friday morning. This is an exclusive to-do list focused on the best weekend fun. Restaurants, music, movies, performing arts, family fun and more. Click here to subscribe. All cleveland.com newsletters are free.
Love cool local food and drink photos and videos? Follow @DineDrinkCLE on Instagram.